Looking for a fresh and unique dessert for adults? Then be sure to try our lemongrass wild berry jelly! This fruity jelly combines the sweetness of berries with the citrus note of lemongrass to create a distinctive taste experience.
This recipe is for adults only as it contains alcohol.
Choosing the right ingredients is crucial to the taste of your lemongrass wild berry dessert.
- Use fresh and ripe wild berries. A mixture of raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and currants is perfect. You can also use frozen berries. Thaw them well first.
- Choose fresh lemongrass stalks, they have the most intense flavour.
Wonderful Lemongrass-Berry Jelly
- Dessert bowls
For the broth:
- 300 ml Plum wine, approx. 10%
- 150 ml Water
- 50 g Sugar
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Juice and peel of one orange and one lemon each
- 5 g fresh Galangal Thai ginger, optional
For the jelly:
- 1 sachet Gelatine
- 400 g Wild berries mixed, fresh or frozen
- Cut the lemongrass into thin slices and heat it along with the other ingredients up to about 70° C. It should not boil, only steam. Let the broth steep on a low flame for at least 30 minutes with the lid closed. Pour it through a fine sieve afterwards.
- Wash the wild berries well or, if using frozen, defrost them. Dissolve the gelatine in some cold water (about 5 minutes), squeeze it out well with your hands and dissolve it in the still hot broth. Let it cool down a bit afterwards.
- First fill your dessert bowls halfway with berries. Then pour the lemongrass broth on it until the bowl is filled to the top.
- Now put the bowls in the fridge for at least 4 hours. You can also prepare the lemongrass jelly dessert in a terrine form. Cut it into pieces and serve.