Don’t you just love summer? Trips to the beach, spontaneous picnics in the park, sundowners on the patio as you watch the kids play in the garden till late at night. Well, here we are at last – it’s July and summer is here!! Or is it?
- 150g caster sugar
- 200ml water
- 500g raspberries
- juice of half a lemon
- Put the sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the syrup into a bowl, leave to cool and then chill.
- Puree the fruits in a food processor or blender, then press through a sieve into a large bowl.
- Stir in the chilled syrup and lemon juice.
- If you have an ice cream maker - churn until thick enough to scoop.
- If you are making by hand-pour the mixture into a plastic container and freeze for 4 hours until mushy.
- Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth, then return to the container.
- Freeze for another 4 hours.