It is a hot summer day and you want to make a slushy (or slushie) at home? Then look no further for a yummy slushy recipe. Here you are. The refreshing summer treat is easier to prepare than you might think. In a nutshell: Mix crushed is and a flavoured liquid you get a slushy! Here is your way to homemade slushies.
You can have a frozen slushy drink in this perfect way in only a few minutes! The most important advice is, to work really quick before the ice melts.
Keep the power of your blender in mind! Do not add more than one whole cup of ice at once. Too much ice could lead to a malfunction of the blender. It can also decrease the efficiency of the ice smashing.
See Also: Best Personal Blender For Ice
How to make a slushie without a blender
You can easily prepare a slushy without a blender.
- Just fill in ice cubes and flavoured liquids into a zip lock plastic bag and lay flat on a stabil and even surface.
- Now quickly pound the ice cubes in the bag with a saucepan or a hard bowl. Shake the bag occasionally and then continue smashing.
- When the slushy has the desired consistency, pour it straight into the glasses waiting for you and enjoy.
Make a slushy party!
No products found.
How to preserve a slushy?
It is very difficult to keep it without a slushy machine, because the mixture of water and ice will either melt or freeze into one block. The constant movement is what keeps the slushye in shape. ? It is always best, to make a fresh slushy.
If you still want to store it, use the freezer with below 0° C (32 F). If you want to consume it later, leave the frozen slushy mix outside for a few minutes until it defrosted to the desired consistency. Consume immediately.
|Zeit für Leckereien 16-Ounce mehrfarbig||Buy on Amazon|
|Hawaiian Shaved Ice and Snow Cone Machine Party...||Buy on Amazon|
How To Make a Slushy With Juice
Making a fruit juice slushy is very easy and the coolest thing ever. It is healthier than the option with syrup and saves you time. You simply put all the ingredients together and quiclly blend it. It is the perfect drink for the hot summer days when plain juice doesn’t seem cold enough to quench your thirst.
By the way:
Adding salt to your ice cubes lowers the initial melting point of ice by several degrees. Therefore, your slushy stays cold for a longer time.
The right ice slushy cups
A slushy is usually about 300-400 ml. It is ideally served in cooling cups or typical clear plastic cups. At home, you can present them in fancy glasses.
How To Make a Slushy – ultimate instructions
- ½ cup frozen ice cubes
- ½ cup flavoured liquid
- 1 pinch table salt
- Use a powerful blender and add ice cubes. Per drink, we calculate around half a mug.
- Crash the ice cubes for 30 seconds at the lowest level for the ice not melting too fast. The higher the blender level, the hotter it gets. Watch the ice cubes and switch off the mixer when they are almost completely crashed.
- Now fill the flavoring liquid of your preference into the blender bowl. That can be juice, syrups, powders or gels to your taste.
- Blend another 20 seconds until the preferred consistency.
- Fill it into cups or glasses immediately and enjoy right away.
Recipes for slushy beverages
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.
Last update on 2023-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API