There are so many good vanilla ice creams on the market but for pure indulgence, there is nothing to beat a good homemade vanilla ice cream version. This vanilla ice cream is a classic in summer, but is delicious all year round for ice cream lovers. Try our recipe now, you’ll love it!
Make sure you use fresh eggs for the ice cream recipe, because the yolks are left uncooked. But they give the delicious vanilla ice cream the right texture, smooth and incredibly tasty. The heavy cream adds the subtle creaminess that you love about vanilla gelato.
Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe without Ice Cream Maker
In this recipe, we make the ice cream with an ice cream maker. Of course, you can also make it by hand if you don’t have an ice cream maker.
- Put the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container, such as a plastic container, and place it in the freezer.
- Stir once every 30 minutes or so, after about 4 hours your ice cream will be frozen and fluffy.
Incredible homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Ice cream maker
- 1 pod fresh vanilla
- 300 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 75 g caster sugar (powdered sugar)
- 300 ml double cream (heavy cream)
- 1 pinch salt
- Using a small knife, slit the vanilla pod lengthways. Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan, add the vanilla pod and heat, but do not boil. Remove from the heat and leave for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl until the mixture is thick and foamy. Gradually pour over the hot milk cream mixture, whisking constantly. It should now be a viscous mixture.
- Churn the mixture in your ice cream maker until thick and frozen, which takes around 25 – 30 minutes.
- Place it into an ice cream container and put in the freezer or serve.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.