This easy chocolate ice cream recipe is full of flavour and chocolate lovers will enjoy it to the full. With this simple chocolate ice cream recipe recipe, you can make this delicacy all year round. Because chocolate ice cream is not only delicious in summer. We tell you step by step, how to make it.
Ice cream toppings
You can serve it as a dessert in different ways. Try it with a delicious vanilla sauce, our hazelnut caramel praline or fresh berries. Mixed with milk in a food processor, the tasty chocolate ice cream becomes a great milkshake.
You can choose the type of chocolate you want to use. Try also milk chocolate or white chocolate.
Cones for your chocolate ice cream
Serve the homemade icey joy in cones as you like. You can use fancy glasses, cocktail glasses or classic ice cream cones.
Making the dark chocolate ice cream without an ice cream maker
You can make your yummy chocolate ice cream with an ice cream maker or you can do it the old style, proven way and make it by hand. It is not as hard as you might think. All you need to do is stir the ice cream regularly during the freezing process.
- Place the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container and put it in the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes, stir the mixture, until it is fully frozen. That will be after about 4 hours.
Before serving, take the dark chocolate ice cream out of the freezer and let it rest for 15 minutes. By then it has the perfect consistency.
Homemade Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Put the milk, cream, dark chocolate, pepper and cinnamon in a saucepan and heat gently to boiling point. Stir until the chocolate has melted, then leave to one side to cool down.
- In a large bowl, now combine well the sugar, egg white and the cocoa powder.
- Now add the milk mixture carefully and whisk together until well combined and thick. You want to have a shiny, thick mixture.
In ice cream maker:
- Pour the chocolate ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until ready.
Without ice cream maker:
- Place the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container and put it in the freezer. Every 30 minutes, stir the mixture, until it is fully frozen. That will be after about 4 hours.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.