Sausages and leeks are a winning combination! Now add pasta and cheese to the equation, and you suddenly have a cheesy sausage leek pasta bake guaranteed to please even the most picky eaters at your dinner table!
Of all the sausage pasta bake recipes I’ve tried, this has to me one of my absolute favourites, which is why I’m so excited to be sharing it with you today.
Easy Dinner Recipe Bake
This simple dish is ready in just a few easy steps with minimal effort and maximum appreciation from those lucky enough to be served this sausage pasta bake. And If you find yourself in a rush, you can always pre-cook your pasta and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days, which will help you to cut down even further on your cooking time for this recipe.
Make it a vegetarian pasta leek bake
There is an easy vegetarian version of this amazing pasta bake. To make this dish vegetarian, simply omit the sausage und add in vegetables such as zucchini, squash, or mushrooms instead.
This dish is just as delicious without the meat and makes a great option for those looking for a hearty and filling vegetarian meal.
What to eat with it
Serve this sausage pasta bake with a side of light green salad, garlic bread, roasted vegetables, or fresh yoghurt-cucumbers for a lighter contrast to this hearty bake and enjoy!
The best way to reheat a bake
The best way to reheat a bake is
- in the oven: Preheat the oven to 180° C (356° F) and place the dish in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- in the microwave: be sure to heat it on low power so that the dish does not dry out.
You can keep left overs of this easy sausage pasta bake recipe in the fridge for a few days. It can also be frozen perfectly fine.
Also try an Italian version of pasta and sausages.
Amazing Sausage Pasta Bake
- Baking dish
- 250 g Penne pasta tubes
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 leek washed and sliced thinly
- 400 g Cumberland sausages or else
- 25 g breadcrumbs
- 60 g cheddar cheese or other
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
For the white sauce
- 50 g butter
- 50 g all purpose flour
- 600 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Boil pasta in plenty of salted water according to manufacturer’s instructions. Drain and toss with a little oil. Set to one side.
To make the sauce
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then stir in the flour to make a roux. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk.Return to the heat and stir continuously until thickened. Whisk in the mustard and season to taste. Set to one side.
For the meat and leek mixture
- Heat the olive oil and lightly fry the sliced leeks until soft.
- Remove the skins from the sausages and break up each sausage into small chunks. Add to the leeks and fry until cooked and golden brown.
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of white wine or water. Add the sausage mixture to the pasta and mix well.
- Place into a baking dish.Pour the white sauce over the pasta and sausage mixture, mixing well.Mix together the breadcrumbs, grated cheese and paprika and sprinkle over the top of the pasta.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.