Strawberry crumble with fresh strawberries is a delicous dessert that is eaten warm but is also a delight cold. The subtle touch of vanilla and buttery crumble bring out the best in the strawberries. Try our strawberry crumble recipe right away.
Prepare a large quantity of crumble dough right away and freeze the rest for later use. That way you can always bake a delicious crumble quickly.
What goes with strawberry crumble?
Typically, the warm dessert is eaten with custard, but the baked fruit also tastes great with homemade vanilla ice cream, vanilla sauce or whipped cream.
Where to put leftovers
Leftovers from your crumble can easily be stored in the fridge for about 1 week. Frozen, the dessert will keep for several months. To eat it, simply take it out of the fridge, let it defrost and bake it in the oven for a few minutes.
You can easily pimp your strawberry crumble. Try the following:
- Add nuts to the crumble before baking
- Add 100 g marzipan mixture to the crumble batter, you’ll see how delicious it is!
- Replace some of the crumble flour with oat flakes for more bite
Quick Strawberry Crumble with Vanilla
For the crumble
- 100 g oat flakes crunchy
- 100 g wheat flour
- 150 g sugar
- 200 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
For the filling
- 800 g strawberries
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- First prepare the crumble for the topping. Put the flour, rolled oats, sugar and pinch of salt in a bowl and mix everything with your hands. Then add the softened butter in pieces and make a firm dough. Work with your hands to make coarse crumbles. The consistency should be very thick and crumbly. If the dough is too liquid, add a little more flour. Put the crumble in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- Wash strawberries and cut off the stalks, halve them. Put them in a bowl and mix in the lemon juice and scratch the contents of vanilla pod into it.
- Now grease the baking dish with butter or vegetable oil and pour in the strawberry mixture. Using your fingers, crumble the crumble evenly in a layer over the strawberries. The surface should be covered.
- Bake the strawberry crumble for about 30 minutes until the surface is golden-brown. Take it out of the oven, let it cool slightly and serve warm with custard or vanilla ice cream.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.