This noble and at the same time simple vanilla cream is prepared quickly and adds a bit of nobility to the table. Rich, aromatic and simply delicious, this dessert is suitable for any occasion but also makes delicious fillings for cakes.
The Cream Dream Team
The key players of our creamy dream team are simple, yet irresistable: Mascarpone and fresh vanilla! The richness of mascarpone cheese will take this dessert to a whole new level.
Fun Fact: Did you know that mascarpone cheese was first created in the Lombardy region of Italy as early as the Renaissance? Talk about a time-honored treat!
Serve this cream dessert with fresh berries, jam or fruit sauces.
Store leftover vanilla mascarpone cream
You’ve mastered the art of making the perfect Vanilla Mascarpone Cream, now it’s time for some handy storage tips for you! If you’re planning to savor this creamy goodness within a day or two, pop it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
You could also transform them into a delectable frozen treat, and you’ll have a whole new dessert. Pour the cream into small ice cream molds or let it freeze in an container.
Heavenly Vanilla Mascarpone Cream
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking pan
- 150 ml Milk
- 1 piece Vanilla pod
- 30 g Egg Yolks
- 10 g Starch
- 30 g Sugar
- 275 g Mascarpone
- Pour the milk into a medium-sized saucepan. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds and the empty pod to the milk. Heat the vanilla-infused milk until almost boiling, then remove from heat and discard the vanilla pod.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and starch until well combined. Add the sugar and mix again.
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the egg mixture while stirring continuously. Transfer the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent the mixture from burning or forming lumps. Once the vanilla cream thickens, continue stirring for another half minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer the cream to a very shallow bowl. Cover the surface of the cream with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming. Let the vanilla cream cool completely at room temperature (not in the fridge!).
- Cream the mascarpone until smooth. Also, smooth out the cooled vanilla cream. Gradually fold the mascarpone into the vanilla cream.