Strawberry Cream Eclairs are the perfect summer dessert! They are light, refreshing and full of flavor. Plus, they are so easy to make! All you need is a few simple ingredients and you can have these delicious eclairs ready in no time.
- Lieferumfang: 1 x großer Durchmesser 30 cm,...
- Der Kuchenhalter ist ideal für Teepartys,...
- Der Kuchenständer kann für Kuchen,...
Tips for perfect strawberry eclairs
For those of you who have ever attempted to make eclairs, you know that they can be a bit finicky. The dough is notoriously temperamental, and the filling tends to be runny if not handled correctly. But with a few simple tips, you can easily make strawberry cream eclairs that are light, fluffy, and oh-so-delicious.
- First, be sure to use the correct type of flour. A high-quality pastry flour will give the dough the right amount of gluten, yielding eclairs that are crispy on the outside and airy on the inside.
- Second, don’t overwork the dough. The more you handle it, the tougher it will become.
- Third, use fresh strawberries for the filling. Not only will they add a beautiful pop of color, but their sweetness will complement the rich cream perfectly.
- And finally, don’t skimp on the chocolate ganache. A thick layer of chocolate is essential for a truly decadent eclair experience. So there you have it!
With these tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to making eclairs that are sure to impress.
Tempting Strawberry Cream Eclairs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (345°F).
- Heat the butter and water in a saucepan until the butter melts and the mixture comes to a boil.Add the flour and baking powder and stir well with a wooden spoon until the mixtures comes together in a ball and leaves the side of the pan completely clean. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool down slightly.
- Once cool, add the eggs, 1 egg at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon until the dough is smooth and satiny.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pipe the dough onto the tray in 10 cm long oblong shapes or to make profiteroles – drop spoonful’s of the dough onto the baking tray. Use your finger, moistened with some water to smooth off any points.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cut a small slit into each shape to remove any air. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Add the icing sugar to the cream and whip it until stiff. Now fill the fill the eclair dough pieces with sweetened, whipped cream and strawberries. Top with chocolate ganache or melted chocolate.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.
Last update on 2022-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API