Our dairy free chocolate mousse recipe comes with a big portion of coconut. It is quickly prepared and has a delicious sweet taste. It is simple and kids love it! Try out my recipe.
The right chocolate
I have added 100g of dark chocolate which gives a very strong chocolate flavour. You may want to start with a bit less and add more to suit your taste. It is also very rich so only a small amount.
If you prefer, replace it with the same amount of milk chocolate. Cut out the sugar completely or take half the amount.
Chilling the mousse
The mousse does firm up quite a bit if left in the fridge so I think I would only pipe into my serving dishes just before serving. That way you can give it a quick stir to loosen up before piping.
You do need to ensure that your coconut cream is chilled before starting. I store mine in the refrigerator so that it is ready chilled. Coconut milk will not work in this recipe – it needs to be the much thicker coconut cream.
Quick Chocolate Coconut Mousse, dairy free
- 250 ml coconut cream (chilled)
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate good quality
- Using a whisk beat the coconut cream and sugar together for a couple of minutes until smooth and thick.
- Melt the chocolate carefully over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave.
- Add the melted chocolate to the coconut cream and continue to whisk for another couple of minutes.
- Spoon or pipe into small serving dishes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.