These Blueberry Orange Muffins are the perfect breakfast or snack! They’re packed with fresh blueberries and orange flavor, and they’re so easy to make. You’ll love how moist and fluffy they are, and they freeze well too. So make a batch and enjoy!
Tips for perfect muffins
- use fresh or frozen blueberries, and if using frozen, do not thaw them first
- add a little bit of lemon juice to the batter for extra flavor
- be careful not to overmix the batter, it should only be combined slightly.
- bake the muffins until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
Storing your muffins
To store orange and blueberry muffins, place them in an airtight container and keep them at room temperature. In the fridge they will become hard. They will last for 2-3 days. You can freeze blueberry muffins by placing them in a freezer-safe bag or container. They will last for 2-3 months.
Blueberry Orange Muffins
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375F).
- Whisk the oil, orange juice, zest and eggs lightly in a bowl. Add the flour, baking powder and sugar and stir until just combined. Fold in two-thirds of the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin tray, two-thirds full.
- Scatter over the remaining blueberries and a little extra sugar and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.