This creamy sausage stroganoff recipe is a quick meal. It is popular with the whole family. It’s ready in no time. Make sure you use good ingredients and you will be rewarded with a rich dish. Try our recipe now.
Serve the Sausage and Mushroom Stroganoff with rice, potatoes, mashed potatoes, freshly baked bread or simply a green salad.
You can keep leftover Sausage Stroganoff in the fridge for several days. It is also suitable for freezing and will last for several months.
My famous Sausage Stroganoff
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 4 bacon rashers chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 500 g mushrooms sliced
- 250 ml beef stock
- 60 ml tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 60 ml plain yogurt
- Grill or lightly fry sausages until cooked and nicely browned. Slice each sausage into 3 or 4 pieces and set to one side. Add olive oil to a frying pan and fry onions until soft. Add bacon and garlic to the pan and continue to fry until the bacon is cooked.
- Now add the mushrooms and continue to fry for approximately 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft. Pour in the beef stock, tomato paste and paprika powder and bring to a simmer, stirring well.
- Add the cooked sausage pieces and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes. Turn off heat.
- Stir in yogurt, mix well until heated through. Serve with mashed potato or rice.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.