Succulent chicken thighs are coated in a mixture of breadcrumbs, cheese, paprika and garlic and baked until golden and crispy. A grownup version of chicken nuggets, I guess. You don’t get much sauce with this dish so I normally serve with a mushroom sauce and veggies.
Skinless chicken thighs?
You can use the chicken thighs skinless or with the skin on. The leaner version you get without skin. If you prefer, use boneless chicken and roll the thighs up before you dip into the crust mixture. You can also use chicken breast.
Baked Chicken in a Parmesan Crust
- 1 kg chicken thighs
- 1 egg
- salt & black pepper
- 60 g breadcrumbs of white bread
- 40 g cheddar cheese grated or Parmesan
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly beat the egg together with a pinch of salt and pepper and set to one side.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, paprika and garlic together in a shallow dish and set to one side.
- Dip each chicken thigh into the beaten egg and then coat completely with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken into a baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the chicken and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and continue to bake for 20 minutes until the crust is ready.