Succulent chicken thighs are coated in a mixture of breadcrumbs, cheese, paprika and garlic and baked until golden and crispy. A grownup version of chicken nuggets, I guess. You don’t get much sauce with this dish so I normally serve with a mushroom sauce and veggies.
Skinless chicken thighs?
You can use the chicken thighs skinless or with the skin on. The leaner version you get without skin. If you prefer, use boneless chicken and roll the thighs up before you dip into the crust mixture.
Baked Paprika Chicken in a cheesy Crust
- 1 kg chicken thighs
- 1 egg
- salt & black pepper
- 60 g breadcrumbs of white bread
- 40 g cheddar cheese grated or Parmesan
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly beat the egg together with a pinch of salt and pepper and set to one side.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, paprika and garlic together in a shallow dish and set to one side.
- Dip each chicken thigh into the beaten egg and then coat completely with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken into a baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the chicken and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and continue to bake for 20 minutes until the crust is ready.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.