This lovely courgette soup recipe has added the little gourmet extra: brie cheese. You might think, these two ingredients do not go along, but they do!
The cheese adds a special touch to this soup, which makes it go from an everyday soup to a festive soup.Served with crispy, homemade croutons and a dash of sour cream, this light soup becomes a highlight.
Courgette and Brie Soup
- Cooking pot
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knive
- 2 large leeks washed and sliced
- 50 g butter
- 750 g courgettes (about 3 – 4), sliced
- 80 g Brie
- 2 medium sized potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 L chicken or vegetable stock
- 100 ml white wine
- Sauté the sliced leeks in butter until they get soft.
- Add the courgettes, potatoes as well as stock and white wine (if served to kids, leave it out) and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the brie and simmer for a further couple of minutes just to soften the cheese.
- Remove from the heat and pureé the mixture until smooth.
- Heat through, check for seasoning and serve.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.