Every year we set off to France for our summer break with my Mum and Dad and every year I say I am going to eat sensibly. What happens – my Mum dishes up her famous lemon fridge tart and all my resolve goes out the window and it is pretty much downhill from that moment.
Creamy Lemon Fridge Tart, no-bake
- 1 tin condensed milk (397 or 400 g)
- 200 ml fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
- 250 g coffee creamer
- 30 ml water
- 250 g Tennis biscuits (or Nice-biscuits, see note below)
- Pour the condensed milk and lemon juice into a bowl and mix together until thick.
- In another bowl put the coffee creamer, water and some of the condensed milk mixture and mix immediately until well combined.
- Add the rest of the condensed milk mixture and beat again until well combined.
- Line a tin – roughly 12" x 6" with one layer of biscuits.
- Pour half the condensed milk mixture on top of the biscuits and spread out evenly.
- Add another layer of biscuits.
- Add the rest of the condensed milk mixture and spread out evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one day.
- To serve – decorate with raspberry sauce and chocolate curls.