Do you love lemon desserts? This fresh lemon biscuit tart is a no-bake type dessert that is perfect for summer. The tart has a delicious lemon flavor and it is creamy and refreshing. The no bake lemon cake is fruity and prepared in just 15 minutes. It is topped with jam and chocolate. You will love this dessert!
I think Tennis biscuits are typically a South African biscuit. In the UK I use ‘Nice’ biscuits which are very similar. They are a butter biscuit with a hint of coconut in them. They come in packets of 250 g which should just be enough but it will depend on the dish you use. I would suggest buying two packets just in case. Any leftovers are perfect with a cup of coffee.
How to serve Lemon biscuit cake?
This lemon fridge tart is very sweet but if you serve it with a raspberry sauce and some dark chocolate it is pure heaven. You can top your lemon fridge cake with any topping you like. You can add jam, sprinkles, or any type of fruit to this cake.
Why not also give a try to:
- Caramel sauce
- Homemade Dulce de Leche
- Sliced fruits, like strawberries, raspberries or blueberries
How to store the no bake lemon biscuit cake
You can store this dessert in the fridge for up to two days.
It freezes beautifully – I cut mine into portion sizes and then open freeze until just frozen. Once frozen, pack into a Tupperware dish and keep in the freezer until needed. I decorate mine once it has defrosted and voila you have a super quick dessert for those unexpected guests.
Easy no bake Lemon Cake
- 1 tin condensed milk (397 or 400 g)
- 200 ml fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
- 250 g coffee creamer
- 30 ml water
- 250 g Tennis biscuits or Nice-biscuits, see note below
- Pour the condensed milk and lemon juice into a bowl and mix together until thick.
- In another bowl put the coffee creamer, water and some of the condensed milk mixture and mix immediately until well combined. Add the rest of the condensed milk mixture and beat again until well combined.
- Line a tin – roughly 12" x 6" with one layer of biscuits. Pour half the condensed milk mixture on top of the biscuits and spread out evenly.
- Add another layer of biscuits. Add the rest of the condensed milk mixture and spread out evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one day.
- To serve – decorate with raspberry sauce and chocolate curls.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.