Lamb kofta, or kofte, are versatile and always yummy. Our recipe for lamb mince kebabs is aromatic and perfect for meal prep. There are numerous lamb kofta recipes, each home has its own spice mix. Just try out my recipe.
What to serve with lamb kofta?
Traditionally, kofta are being served with rice, flat bread, fresh greens or a salad and dips like hummus. Often they can be found in a sauce, like
- yogurt sauce
- tahini sauce
- curry sauce
- tomato sauce.
Check out our tasty lamb kofta cury recipe!
Homemade lamb kofta balls
- Blend the onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies and the coriander leaves together in a food processor until they form a paste. Put the minced lamb in a bowl, add the paste, yoghurt, remaining spices, salt and pepper and mix well with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Using wet hands shape the mixture into meatballs about the size of a big walnut. You should get between 25 and 30.
- You can now either cook them in a sauce of your choice (for example our kofta curry), bake in the oven or fry them in a frying pan.
Baking in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Line a baking tray with baking paper or use a casserole pan. Place the lamb kofta balls on it and bake for 30 minutes.
Frying in a pan
- Use some oil and fry the kofta balls evenly, until they are crusty outside and done inside, while turning now and then. Minced lamb meat is fatty, so you do not need to add a lot of extra oil.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.