This healthy Slimming World chicken recipe is easy to make and perfect for your meal prep. It is the perfect lunch idea, if you do not know, what to cook. Among the slimming world chicken dishes, this is one of my all time favorites. You can use chicken breast or chicken thigh. Shall we begin?
Chicken thighs or chicken breast?
In this One pot chicken recipe I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. But you can easily make it into a chicken breast recipe.The meat of the chicken thighs is more tender and juicy than chicken breast, I prefer this one. If you like to have a nice bite, just take chicken breast.
Tips for success for your Slimming World chicken recipe
- I would try and get as much colour on the chicken in the browning process because chicken thighs can look a bit dull and grey if you leave this process out.
- I have stated 300 ml of chicken stock (I use 1 stock cube) but this will depend on the pan you use, if you use gas or electricity and how fast your simmer rate is. If the sauce looks too dry towards the end of cooking time – add more water.
- If there is too much liquid – take the lid off and simmer for a couple more minutes until you get the correct consistency.
- How spicy do you like it? This is a difficult one to put down in a recipe because there are so many different varieties of chillies out there. I use a medium strength chilli but if you’re not sure then try with one less and add more the next time you make it.
No products found.
You can keep leftovers of your dish in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze it with no problem. Use freezer-safe containers.
One Pot Chicken Chilli – Slimming World Chicken Recipe
- Fry Light Cooking Spray
- 1 kg skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tblsp tomato puree
- 400 g chickpeas drained
- 400 g chopped tomatoes 1 can
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 3 red chillies deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 100 g baby spinach
- Cut the chicken thighs into smaller pieces about 3 cm each. Spray a frying pan with the Fry Light and fry the chicken pieces in batches, until golden all over. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Add the 2 tblsp olive oil to the frying pan and fry the onion and red pepper over a gentle heat. The residue from the chicken should loosen up from the bottom of the pan.
- Once the onion is soft, add the garlic and fry for another couple of minutes. Add the tomato puree, the chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, chopped chillies and the Tabasco sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, cover and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the spinach to the pan about 3 minutes before the time is up and stir through to wilt.
- Serve with rice or buckwheat.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.
Last update on 2023-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API