We all have recipes that we turn to time and time again. The ones that never let us down, the guaranteed crowd pleasers, the ones that just make us feel good. These banana muffins are one such recipe. Try them out!
These Juicy Banana Muffins are the perfect way to start your day! Packed with flavor and nutrients, these muffins will give you the energy you need to tackle your day.
Use your bananas right
Let your bananas ripen until the skin is black and really soft. They look terrible but have so much more flavour than their yellow and slightly under ripe partners. If you are not ready yet to make the muffins peel and mash them up and freeze the pulp until such time as I am ready to bake.
Freezing your muffins
Banana muffins freeze beautifully so there is no excuse to not have some freshly made muffins on hand when those unexpected visitors pop in. Tu serve, simply unfreeze at room temperature and bake them for a few minutes in the oven.
Juicy Banana Muffins
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Stir in the mashed bananas and beat to combine thoroughly. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, blending well. Sift flour and salt onto mixture and stir well.
- Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in water and stir into mixture. Add baking powder and stir well.
- Pour batter into muffin moulds and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Cool in tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.