Sticky Asian pork is one of our standard weekly meals normally saved for a Saturday or Sunday night treat. It’s good, really, really good!It is the perfect after work dinner, if you come home and do not have much time. The easy and quick recipe contains peanut butter and ginger, which give it an aromatic flavour.
What pork to choose?
Make sure to choose your pork carefully, as the meat does not cook for long and might stay too tough. Therefore, buy parts, that are juicy. Best cuts of pork meat for this lovely dish are shoulder steaks as they do have a bit of fat on them or a nice piece of pork fillet.
Variations on your sticky chinese pork
Ad one of these ingredients to give a little twist to your sticky pork stir fry:
- fresh scallions: for a mild onion flavor and some crunch
- fresh cilantro: for a bright, fresh flavor
- whole peanuts: for a crunchy texture
- roasted sesame seeds: for a nutty, toasty flavor
- a squeeze of lime juice: for a tart, acidic flavor
- a little bit of brown sugar: for a touch of sweetness
Add some vegetables
Here are some vegetables you can add to the sticky asian pork with peanut sauce recipe:
- Snow peas
- Bell peppers
- Pak choi
Sticky Asian Pork (peanut sauce)
- 2 tblsp vegetable oil
- 600 g pork shoulder steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 orange juiced
- 4 tblsp honey clear
- 2 tblsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the pork strips and fry for 3 – 4 minutes or until lightly colored on all sides. Remove the pork and its juices to a bowl and set aside.
- Add more oil to the wok if necessary and add in the onion and ginger. Stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes until soft. Stir in the orange juice, honey, peanut butter, soy sauce and chilli powder, bring to the boil and stir to combine.
- Return the pork and its juices to the wok and mix well. If the sauce thickens too much, add enough water to thin down.
- Once the pork is piping hot – serve immediately with rice.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.