Chocolate mousse is one of my favourite desserts. This time I tried a recipe for white chocolate mousse with a nice taste of coconut. This recipe for white chocolate mousse is perfet to spoil your beloved ones and yourself.
By the way, if you look for brown chocolate mousse, try this recipe.
Filled Easter eggs
I wanted to try filling some hollow Easter eggs as a dessert for Easter lunch and they turned out just how I wanted. It does make quite a small dessert but I think with all the chocolate that is floating around over the Easter weekend that is not a bad thing .
Cutting the top off the eggs can be a little tricky but you don’t want a perfect cut anyway and you can always have a few spare in case you break the egg. Broken chocolate eggs are the chef’s treat.
You do need to ensure that your coconut cream is chilled before starting. I store mine in the refrigerator so that it is ready chilled.
Coconut milk will not work in this recipe – it needs to be the much thicker coconut cream.
White Chocolate Coconut Mousse
- 250 ml coconut cream well chilled
- 150 g white chocolate
- 6 hollow chocolate Easter eggs small
- 2 tsps lemon curd
- Using a whisk beat the coconut cream for a couple of minutes until smooth and thick.
- Melt the white chocolate carefully over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave.
- Add the melted chocolate to the coconut cream and continue to whisk for another couple of minutes.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the chocolate eggs. Using a serrated knife, cut the top off each egg.
- Spoon or pipe the mousse into the chocolate shell going right up to the top.
- Remove a little bit of the mousse from the centre of each egg and fill the hollow with some of the lemon curd.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.