Ok, so I’m not going to tell you my exact age but I will admit that I’m at an age where I have to start thinking about the health of my bones and joints. Yup, the old joints are stiffening up on me 🙁 It is well documented that oily fish helps to reduce swollen joints, pain and stiffness so I try to eat at least two portions a week. One of my favourite lunch snacks is this smoked mackerel pate. It takes a few minutes to put together and keeps well in the fridge for a good few days. Served with toast, crackers or oatcakes it makes a delicious snack packed full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
One problem though – it is hard to stop eating it. Enjoy!
Smoked Mackerel Paté
- 4 medium smoked mackerel fillets (200g)
- 150 g cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon finely grated zest and juice
- 1 tblsp horseradish cream
- Remove the skin and any bones from the cooked mackerel.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or mini blender and whizz together until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Serve with hot toast and wedges of lemon.Enjoy!
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.