This great smoked mackerel recipe brings out the best of smoked mackerel. You can make it ahead and have a quick lunch or dinner with fresh bread or toast. It takes a few minutes to put together and keeps well in the fridge for a good few days.
Can you freeze mackerel pate?
Yes, you can freeze pate. It can be frozen for up to two months. When freezing pate, make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn.
To thaw your frozen smoked mackerel pate, place it in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, pate can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
My famous Smoked Mackerel Paté Recipe
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets
- 200 g cream cheese
- ½ lemon finely grated zest and juice
- 1 tblsp horseradish cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove the skin and any bones from the cooked mackerel.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or mini blender and whizz together until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Serve with hot toast and wedges of lemon.Enjoy!
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.