An amazing diner recipe, that is quick to prepare. If you like it spicy, you will love this recipe. This dish is a delicious choice for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a party or just need to impress your dinner guests. It tastes great with plain rice and is perfect for any gathering.
You don’t like it so spicy? You can also replace the red curry paste with yellow or green curry paste. The taste is slightly different, but also very tasty.
Which prawns to choose?
You can buy prawns frozen (mmostly in convenient stores) or use them fresh. When preparing prawns, you can cook them with the shell on or off. You can thaw prawns in water to remove the shell.
Fragrant Thai Red Prawn Curry
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 2 sticks lemongrass crushed
- 1 small knob fresh ginger peeled & crushed
- 16 tiger prawns
- oil for frying
- 400 g rice cooked
- ½ butternut squash peeled
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 50 g peanuts chopped finely
- To make the red curry cream, place a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the red curry paste and heat for a few seconds stirring until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, lemongrass and ginger. Cut the butternut squash into little cubes and add them also. Simmer for 15 minutes until slightly reduced and full of flavour.
- To fry the prawns, place a pan over a high heat and add some oil. Lightly toss the prawns in the oil before flash frying for 20 seconds on each side.
- To serve, divide the rice between 4 plates and top with 4 prawns each. Scatter over the sesame seeds and peanuts before drizzling with the red curry cream.Top with the fresh baby leaves.