Bircher Muesli is a healthy start into the day. Our recipe for overnight calls for apple lovers and can be prepared all year round. All you need it oats, nuts, milk and apple. You can make your own variations by adding different fruits, seeds or nuts. Try our recipe for Bircher oats.
The history of famous Bircher Muesli
Thanks to the Swiss doctor Maximilian Bircher-Benner, we have this wonderful muesli variety. He was first served muesli in an alpine hut and then developed it further into a dietary dish for his patients.
Fruity Overnight Bircher Muesli
- 60 g oats
- 100 ml apple juice
- 1 apple
- 25 ml dried cranberries/raisins
- 500 ml milk
- ½ lemon
- 25 g pistachios/almonds
- Honey or Agave Nectar to taste
- Place the oats in a bowl and pour the apple juice, milk and queezed lemon juice over to cover and moisten. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill overnight, in the fridge.
- Just before serving, core the apple and then coarsely grate. Mix the apple into the oats together with the cranberries/raisins.
- Add enough extra milk to get the consistency to like.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with nuts and drizzled with honey.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.