These Homemade snickerdoodle cookies are soft, chewy and full of cinnamon-sugar flavor! They’re easy to make and always a hit with family and friends, not only for christmas time. Make a batch today and enjoy the taste of these best snickerdoodles on christmas and any time you crave the them.
There are many variations of the classic Snickerdoodle cookie. Some people add things like chocolate chips, nuts, or even fruit to the dough before baking. Others top their cookies with frosting or sprinkles. No matter how you make them, Snickerdoodles are always a delicious treat!
Keeping the snickerdoodles soft
To keep your Snickerdoodle Cookies soft, here are a few tips:
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Wrap them individually in plastic wrap or wax paper or
- Freeze them for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy a frozen Snicker doodle, simply remove it from the freezer and let it thaw on your counter for about 15 minutes. If you’re in a hurry, you can microwave the cookie for 10-15 seconds. Once it’s soft and delicious, enjoy!
Easy Peasy Snickerdoodles
- 3 tblsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy.Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.Sift in the flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, baking powder and salt and gently mix together to form a soft dough.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into walnut sized balls then roll in the sugar and cinnamon mixture to coat.
- Place on a baking tray, spaced about 3 cm apart. Flatten gently with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until they feel firm around the edges.
- Allow to stand for a couple of minutes on the baking tray, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Angela Darroch, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.