Raspberry cupcakes are a very special trweat for me, as a raspberry fan! But better than raspberry cupcakes are definitely rasperry cupcakes with chocolate. And cream topping. And lots of love 🙂
How to make chocolate cases
For this recipe shooting, I placed the cupcakes into edible chocolate cases. They are easy peasy made. All you need are single cupcake cases, ideally made from silicone. Take double the number of the number of cupcakes you want to bake.
- Melt the chocolate of your choice in a water bath while stirring constantly.
- Then take a kitchen brush and quickly stroke the liquid chocolate into the inner surface of the cupcake moulds. Make sure everything is covered.
- When you have spread all the moulds in this way, put them all in the freezer to speed up the hardening process.
- After about 20 minutes take them out and spread a second layer of liquid chocolate on them, and put them back in the freezer.
- After another hour you can remove them and carefully separate the mould from the chocolate.
You will have perfect, edible chocolate cups. Keep them in the refrigerator until you need them.
Chocolate & Raspberry Cream Cupcakes
- 65 g butter
- 50 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 70 g raspberry jam
- 25 g self raising flour
- 70 g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 80 ml buttermilk
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 2 tsps icing sugar
- raspberries for decoration
- raspberry sauce for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180°C, (350°F).
- Beat together the butter, caster sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat well. Add the jam and beat again until smooth.
- Fold in sifted flours, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa alternately with the buttermilk until nice and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
- Leave cakes to cool completely before decorating.
- Whip cream and icing sugar together until thick.
- Pipe cream onto cakes and decorate with fresh raspberries and raspberry sauce.