This chocolate blancmanger recipe is super quick and you can hardly go wrong. It is a kind of pudding, Kids and adults love it the same and it can be easily prepared upfront. You can choose the chocolate you prefer, use dark chocoalte for a richer result or white chocolate for a lighter and sweeter dessert.
Blancmanger for grown-ups
If you want to upgrade these little desserts a little, try adding some Cointreau or or Cream liqueur. Or sprinkle some dried pink pepper corns as a topping.
Dessert for kids
When served simply with chocolate, a few shavings of chocolate over the top make it a perfect treat for the kids. You can prepare a big pot of this pudding-like delicacy and store it in the fridge for about 4 days.
It’s quick; it’s rich, it’s chocolaty – you don’t need nothing more!
- 50g cornflour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 110g caster sugar
- 570ml milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Sieve the cornflour, nutmeg, cocoa powder, cinnamon and sugar into a bowl.
- Add about 2 tblsps of the milk to the bowl and mix until you have a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan until just beginning to boil.
- Remove from the heat and add to your paste mixture, stirring until well incorporated.
- Add your mixture back to the pan and continue to cook on a medium heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly before pouring into your serving dishes.
- Leave to one side or in the fridge for about 2 hours to cool completely before serving.