This recipe for the gorgeous cocktail is for you at home. And it is amazing! When it comes to cocktails I normally stick to a few safe options which I know will hit the spot. But this one is my own creation,
Of course, making cocktails is not a cheap exercise and I certainly don’t have the choice of drinks that Lucy has but I do have some of the basics.
After a bit of research I found that I could rustle up a Classic Brandy Sidecar. My first attempt was good but just a touch too sour for my liking. I added in the orange juice to sweeten it slightly and rimmed my glasses with sugar which made it very drinkable.
This version is not especially the classic brandy sidecar cocktail, it is a lighter version. Give it a try!
- 2tblsp sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 25ml Brandy
- 50ml Cointreau
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ orange
- Ice cubes
- Mix the sugar and orange zest together in a shallow saucer.
- Wet the rim of your cocktail glass with some lemon juice.
- Dip the edge of the cocktail glass in the sugar and zest mixture. Leave to dry.
- Add the Brandy, Cointreau, lemon juice, orange juice and 4 – 5 ice cubes to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well for at least a minute.
- Strain into your cocktail glass.